Sunday, June 20, 2010

"What a Friend We Have in Jesus"

Hello again, one and all. The second half of this week has been a busy, but very good one. Thursday was a great day that started very well: with a prayer meeting at 8. After that, the guys came over for soccer and basketball (for the record, I scored 3 goals against actual Brasilians that day). In the afternoon, Bill and Erika came home! Praise God for Bill safely coming home to his family! After spending some quality "family" time together, later that evening I joined Patrick, Evair, Thiago, and Fabricio to go to Pastor Eudes' house. Later, Bill came and I attended the weekly men's meeting, consisting of Pastor, Bill, Thiago, Evair, and I. Bill talked to them (mainly the teens) about responsibility and leading the community. It was quite a blessing.

The next day, I woke up early and left with the gang to drop them off at school. After I got the 10 cent tour from Jordan, I went with Bill and Erika to a cafe for an amazing 2nd breakfast (although it was only 8 at this point). After breakfast, we traveled to their nice apartment in Fortaleza. I got a nice tour of the place, and then Bill and I were off to run some errands. We went to Claro (a phone company) to get Bill's replacement phone, and were there a good 1.5 hours before he finally got it. We ran from there to the local electronic store to get an iPhone case for Erika. While there, I got to see the National Anthem played for USA in their game vs. Slovenia. From there Bill and I went to the mall. While he ran his errand I got to watch more of the USA game, and Bill was kind enough to get me a Top Sunday from McDonalds. After picknig up the gang from school, we went to a local buffet-style restaurant and saw USA tie up the game 2-2! USA, USA!!! Later that day, Jordan and I spoke on submission to authority at the teen meeting at the church. And again, by God's grace, I think the kids really understood! Actually, I know some did (more on that later).

Saturday, once it got going, was quite a busy day! After helping out some for time at a function for IBC (a large church in Fortaleza), I met once again with Elo, a translator I became friends with last year! Her, Jordan, and I caught up for quite some time! Later, we went to a wedding. How do I know some kids got our lessons on submission to authority? Fabricio said the only reason he would go is because Erika said he should, and he was said he was going to submit to authority. Praise God!! At the wedding, the bride came out of a sweet, classic, blue car and the Bridal Theme was "schredded" out on a Gibson Les Paul and then it led straight into the band playing Yellow by Coldplay!!! It was nuts!!! After the wedding, we all went to a girl's birthday party right down the street from Groupo CEO. It was nice hanging out with the guys and just enjoying each other's company.
Keep praying that God uses Jordan and I and the Moore's however He'd have us be used for his glory. And keep praying for everything! Big and small!

"What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."
God Bless!
Rob Lauter

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for you and hoping for more blog posts soon! I love hearing about what you're doing and how God is working!

    Love you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete