Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Really Getting Traction (Tuesday)

Today was awesome and very, very long! It started with a 4:35 wake up time and a quick banana smoothie for breakfast. Then Nate, Brian, Bill and I went to Tieba, a town near the ocean. We looked at real-estate there for about an hour and a half. After that, we had an amazing brunch at a cafĂ©. I had a Kuat (soda) and a sandwich with sun-dried meat, cheese, and bacon! So good! What Nate and I didn’t realize was that Bill had us arrive about an hour late to the pre-teen time. So we snuck in the door and quietly sat down with them. After their lesson, we played with the Sky Ball and basketball. I also made the “Rob Lauter Guarantee”, which got an award now named after it. (Lucky me right?)


After an amazing lunch, I prepared with John Paul (one of our translators) about teaching the teenagers. We then went to the teens. We did the handshake game, and then went to talk with the boys. We really got somewhere with the guys as we talked about making wise decisions. We also made great progress talking about sexual temptations. Tomorrow looks to be very promising with theses guys. Please pray that God will work in their hearts.


After our talk, we went to play basketball with the teens. We played dribble tag and knockout. I beat Brian (a.k.a. BBB) in 1 on 1. We then went on to play soccer. I scored two goals in the first game (but only 3 goals all day). We played forever! We had an amazing dinner and then it was off to church at Groupo CEO. I spoke about submitting to authority, and although I may have started off a little slow, I picked up toward the end and I think God used my words well. Praise God!


Afterwards, we danced and had a great time with the kids. It was an absolute joy, but I was so exhausted!!! After a long time learning new dance moves and having fun with the kids, I came back and wrote in my journal for a little while. Then, it was off to bed.


At the end of a long day, I was really tired, but in such awe of God and all of His wonders! Keep praying for all of us, that God would sustain us and would give us wisdom and the words to say, that He would be made much and we would be made little. Romans 11:36 (what has now come to be one of my favorite verses) sums it up all well when it says, “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory for ever and ever! Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment